Moneyball and automation: introducing "The Lab" | Justin Anderson | EP03
This episode features the investment insights of Justin Anderson, Canadian equity analyst and leader of Mawer’s zone of experimentation known as The Lab. The Lab focuses on two main areas:
- applying new technologies to garner an investment edge
- automating and streamlining the investment process
- the analogy of poker and the need to find the weakest table
- our views on the human plus machine model
- moneyball applied to investment decision-making
- the machine-driven ratings of Rotten Tomatoes
- Artificial intelligence: from checkmate to teammate
- Story time
- Edward O. Thorp: Math professor, inventor, best-selling author, hedge-fund manager, gambler
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
How to subscribe
The podcast is available to listen and subscribe through any of the following platforms:
You can also subscribe to Art of Boring to receive email notifications when a new episode is available, as well as other insights through our blog and quarterly updates, by entering your email into the 'Stay curious' block below.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the podcast, please email email@example.com.